One of the best ways to improve your digital marketing performance is to see how well you stack up against your competition. Identifying what they are doing well can provide you with the data you need to make improvements and ultimately gain a competitive advantage.
Here are 5 key areas to focus on:
- Search Engine Visibility - The first step is to identify who your online competitors are - who is constantly achieving the best visibility across the search engines, who has a presence on third party websites as well as their own.
- Top Performing Adwords in Google - Adwords are paid for. This means your competitors who regularly show up in the top Google ad positions are doing so because they are paying for keywords. They do it with the knowledge that it helps them gain an advantage and will positively impact their return on investment.
- Top Performing Keywords - Once you can identify what keywords your competitors are ranking well for in both organic search and paid ads, you can prepare a list of the top keywords you should be targeting and outperforming them on.
- Best Performing Content - Now you can start digging a bit deeper and plan your own content marketing strategy based around your keywords. Learning what content is visible and where will guide your guide your content creation objectives.
- Social Media Engagement - Researching where you competitors are most active on social media will show you which social networks and what type of content is already proving popular among your target audience.
Once armed with this information, you can use it to gain a competitive advantage by improving on what your business rivals are doing. The only thing left to do is to monitor your own performance in order to continue to make improvements.
If you would like to start competitive research to gain an advantage in your business get in touch today 216-831-3311.
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one!